Dental implants have been around for decades and they proved to be highly reliable, effective and safe.
The first ones were implanted in Sweden in the 1950s but many of them are still chewing. Implants are made of titanium, a highly expensive, soft metal. It is yet to be recorded to induce an allergic reaction. A dental implant is a screw that is implanted in the bone tissue and serves as a root. The surgery is completely pain-free and in most cases there is no need of painkillers afterwards, either. The bone tissue needs at least 6-8 weeks to grow around the screw. Until then it is not stable enough for chewing. After the healing process, our technician prepares the custom crown that fits our patient's bite and smile best. The crown is then glued or screwed in place.
Thanks to dental implants, in case of tooth loss there is no need to abrade the surface of adjacent teeth. Primarily, dental implants are used for replacing single missing teeth rather than treating complete tooth loss. However, they act in a "Lego-like" manner: they can be combined and joined together at any time if necessary. There about as many different solutions for implantation as brands of cars and each solution requires a different set of special tools for the dentist to work with. Therefore dental professionals usually offer a single option of implants. As Rock Rose represents a safety-oriented approach and values traditions, we use dental implant system by Nobel Biocare who are known for having conducted the highest number of long-term studies on implantology. The company has the most experience in the industry and their coverage is also unmatched. They offer a lifetime guarantee global warranty on their products. We believe that with a medical discipline as recent as implantology, such technological background and long-term reparability are both very important to consider.
Even with the best oral care available, during a long lifetime, teeth loss due to accidents and a variety of diseases, can happen to anyone. Dental implants have been available for over 50 years to provide permanent, completely functional replacements of lost teeth. Implants are little screws made of titanium that are implanted in the jawbone under local anesthesia. After the jawbone heals and adopts the implants, they function as teeth of full value.
What are the advantages?
- Both aesthetically and functionally, they are very close to natural teeth and they fit in the patient's occlusion well. They are indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Palate is not covered by a prosthesis.
- There is no need to abrade the surface of the healthy adjacent teeth.
- A solo implant is cost effective because only one tooth needs to be replaced.
- It provides self-confidence; it enables you to speak and eat comfortably again.
- You don’t have to wear a denture ever again.
- Implants are highly reliable.
Who can have them?
Anyone with missing teeth or even completely toothless.
Who cannot have them?
- Who has any untreated systematic diseases (for example diabetes or hematopoietic system disease) or untreated dental disease (untreated periodontal disease). If the above conditions are treated, implantology is a viable solution.
- Patients in their adolescence, whose bone growth is in progress.
- Heavy smoking may lead to unsuccessful implantation.